Approved March 2020
Hall of Fame
Background: Every 2 years the WTSDA elects a Hall of Fame, consisting of inductees from various categories. In recent years, there has been a steady decline in the number of candidates in a number of categories and an large discrepancy in the criteria that are used in deciding the appropriateness of a nominee. Accordingly, it is appropriate to standardize the nomination process.
To use the items listed below as the minimum standards, restrictions and requirements (as appropriate) when proposing a nominee for the WTSDA Hall of Fame.
- No self-nominations for Master of the Year. Any Master who is a member of the Board of Directors, to be nominated, the nomination must come from another Director.
- Instructor of the Year is reserved for Sam Dans and below; must have valid instructor certification.
- Student of the Year is reserved for Sam Dams who have not been invited to Master’s clinic, and below.
- Dojang of the Year: the dojang must be in operation for at least three (3) years.
- The only category that may be given to more than one person is the Family of the Year (but it is reserved for ONE family); all other categories are to be individuals, not groups.
- Family of the Year must have at least 3 students/instructors/Masters.
- Ineligible for receipt of multiple categories in same year (includes Master of the Year or Instructor of the Year for dojang owners).